Cemplicity is the world leader in patient reporting software.
Health systems around the world face a number of challenges. Globally, populations are increasing, people are living longer, have more long-term conditions and there is less money to treat them. Something needs to change.
That’s where we come in. Cemplicity helps transform the quality and efficiency of healthcare services by bringing a complete, timely and easy-to-understand view of patients’ experiences and health outcomes to the people making decisions about their care.
We have clients in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom and Ireland, with significant interest in other geographies. Clients include all New Zealand District Health Boards, all 1,200+ general practices (through the Ministry of Health), nearly 100 private hospital facilities across Australia, all public hospitals in Ireland through the Irish Government as well as private hospital groups, and a diagnostics provider in the United Kingdom.
And we’re just getting started.
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced senior developer to join our small but enthusiastic team: someone who has the wisdom (and a few scars) to help us distil the complex to the simple, has an eye on the future and a history of working in high performing teams.
You’ll play an important role in the journey of new features from back-of-the-envelope sketches and ‘why can’t we’ discussions all the way through design and development to monitoring and support in production.
You’ll help to keep our tech, platform and processes in order, ensuring we have the right tools for the job and are using them in the most efficient way.
You’ll help other team members to grow and thrive by acting as a mentor and providing training as required.
What does the tech stack look like?
We run a cloud (AWS) SaaS platform and have a solid Continuous Integration pipeline, releasing many times per week on demand.
We use Confluence, Slack and Trello to plan All The Things. We use GitHub, Team City and Octopus Deploy to get All The Things into production.
Our codebase has evolved over several years, primarily based on Microsoft technologies including IIS and SQL Server.
We are continually evolving our tech stack and want to be known as one of the top product development organisations in NZ. We allocate 30% of our development capacity to platform improvement and paying down technical debt.
Sounds Good – But what do I need for this role?
Our successful candidate will probably have a minimum of 10 years’ experience and a strong desire to be hands-on with our dev tools and devops tool chain. They’ll have a passion for designing great solutions, experimenting with new approaches and championing development best practices.
We’re looking for strong experience in:
- C# and the .NET Framework
- Web Technologies including APIs, HTML, CSS and Open security standards
- Database design and management
- Test-Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design
- Build automation and Continuous Delivery
- A SOLID understanding and ability to teach patterns and architectural practices
We are looking for someone who:
- Is decisive and capable
- Is a collaborative worker who enjoys technical coaching
- Takes a pragmatic approach, balancing tactical requirements against strategic goals
- Is naturally curious and has a drive to learn
- Can work constructively in a wider business team and has a genuine interest in the wider business challenges and successes
- Understands it’s not all about the code
- Is a fairly average table tennis player to make other staff feel better about their game.
- Is good at making terrible jokes like the SOLID one above.
We’re still a start-up at heart and as such have a very flat structure. You’ll be reporting directly to the CTO, but we’re a self-organising team. We don’t really have an employee handbook, but if we did it would probably just be a sheet of paper that said, “Do the right thing”.
If the statements below resonate, you might be the person we’re looking for
- I take pride in the quality of my technical solutions.
- I trust my opinions and I’m good at articulating them.
- I have senior experience working in high performing teams.
- I communicate clearly and effectively.
- I enjoy collaboratively working on technology solutions.
- I tend to laugh rather than scowl.
Okay – And what’s in it for me?
You will be remunerated competitively.
You won’t have annual performance reviews. We spend time to find out what you want, then collaborate with you continuously, supportively.
We invest in your personal and professional development.
You’ll love the flexible working environment, with the opportunity to work from home.
You’ll get to tell amazing stories of how your work has directly or indirectly improved the lives of people around the world and be part of a New Zealand startup success.
Our Britomart office is surrounded by top eateries, shopping, great public transport and a short lunchtime stroll to our beautiful harbour.
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com